Good morning! We’re almost one week into 2020 and I finally have my “20 Goals for 2020” sketched out. I’ve been on the fence about sharing them because I’m so in awe of people who go into a new year with no specific resolutions, just an openness to accept what is. But alas, list-making just runs too far deep in my makeup.
This year, the word I’ve picked to focus on is joy. I’m very guilty of missing things right in front of me because I’m too worried about working on what’s coming next. My daughter now catches me when I start a sentence with “I just need to get through….” It’s a terrible habit and it makes time go twice as fast when you’re always thinking in the future.
So here goes nothing, my 20 Goals for 2020.
- Be brave.
- Set aside a little time for each member of my family daily.
- Work on my blog every day.
- Help others whenever I can but don’t beat myself up when I can’t.
- Be kind.
- Meet all deadlines.
- Learn how to use my camera.
- Work on a service project with my family.
- Lose 10 pounds.
- Walk 10,000 steps a day.
- Leave my phone on my desk when I go to bed.
- Read two books a month.
- Spend quality time with at least one friend each week.
- Learn how to do a handstand in yoga.
- Place one story in a national magazine.
- Finish the upstairs decorating updates.
- Update the downstairs powder room.
- Make the basement a better hangout for our kids and their friends.
- Find the fun in running again.
- Be grateful for whoever, whatever, whenever always.
Okay, there it is, my list for 2020. You’ll notice some repeats from things I didn’t get to last year (handstands, anyone?), but I think that’s just fine. I don’t think there are any hard and fast rules here.
I hope you take this list in the spirit that it was written. It keeps me focused and on track. It’s by no means a declaration that I have it all figured out or expect anyone else to do the same. It simply helps me and I share it only in the hope that it might do the same for you.
Cheers to 2020! It’s a great year to have a great year.