The first week of May…done! I think we’ve all been given a fast-pass to summer with how quickly the time seems to be ticking by and I’m not mad about that at all.
To end this week with a little fun, here are five things I’m loving lately that I have to share with you.
- Vaccine information you can trust: Yesterday, my brother Bill was interviewed about the effectiveness of the Covid-19 vaccines. With so much bad information out there, I feel lucky to have a brother who explains all of the science behind it so simply. In this short interview with a Milwaukee media outlet, he uses golf as an analogy to explain why it’s important for everyone to be vaccinated. This is a must-watch!
- Water bottle: I feel like I have a love-hate relationship with drinking enough water, but I finally found a water bottle that keeps me accountable. This one gives me “goals” to meet throughout the day and it really helps. And, my kids can tell if I’m falling behind and believe me when I say, they call me out for it! Also, a few lemon slices go a long way to making this enjoyable, as does replacing the rubber straw this water bottle comes with to a tall metal straw.
- Bamboo vase: I was totally influenced this week by my friend Sara Meadows to buy this bamboo wrapped vase from Target. It gives me all of the Serena & Lily feels for only $8.50! Can you believe it?
- Gerhard’s chocolate croissants: If you’re a local, head on over to Gerhard’s Elegant European Desserts and snag some of their delicious, flaky chocolate croissants. They are a Friday breakfast treat in my house and my seventh grader who is a an expert on all things yummy gives these two thumbs up. Go early because if you wait until the afternoon, they might be sold out!
- Funny Bunny nail polish by OPI: The sweet owner of S Nails & Spa in Lake Forest Tina has broken me out of my red nail polish rut and gotten me to try a fresh, white color called Funny Bunny. I love it! It’s a great neutral for every occasion. I’m learning it’s good to shake things up.
Happy early Mother’s Day to all of the sweet moms out there! And happy Friday!