Ha! This isn’t going to be that kind of story. But we are going to talk swimsuits today!
Recently, I was with a couple of my girlfriends and we were talking about swimsuit shopping. None of us love to do it, but there’s nothing worse than going to the beach and having to wear some old running shorts and a tank top for a day in the sun. (This is usually me!) But to my surprise, I discovered that there are tons of cute suits out there that are well made, check the mom boxes, and are very cute, too! Here are some of my favorites.
- My love for J. Crew is deep…even when it comes to their swimsuits. Their line of swimwear is among the best that I’ve found–well made, reasonably priced, and just so stinkin’ cute. I bought this suit in pink for spring break and just loved it. It runs true to size (I bought a size 8) and magically smooths out any flaws. Love it! I’m also a huge fan of their high-waisted two-piece suits, especially this one and this one. What’s nice about these is that if your top and bottom are different sizes, you can order accordingly. (The medium bottoms work great for me!)
2. The beach just got a little more chic with this one-shoulder ruched suit from J. Crew. This is such a flattering cut, comes in a number of colors, and actually runs a little big. I’d order your true size for this suit (I tend to order up in bathing suits but you don’t need to do that with this one. I ordered medium.)
3. Boden USA is sometimes a brand I forget, but it is so worth a look. Boden’s suits are adorable this season, including this classic navy suit with the cutest stripe detail.
4. I’m crazy about this pink and white vertical stripe suit from Vineyard Vines. Another well-made suit with a flattering bow at the waist that steals the show. I ordered this in a medium.
5. Lilly Pulitzer just makes me so happy and their swimsuits don’t disappoint. I love this pink and green print that can be worn with a strap or without–it’s a classic. This suit runs big, so order your true size. A size 6 worked great for me.
6. When my kiddos were young, I was a huge Lands’ End swimsuit gal. But I have to admit, my look screamed “mom!” Lands’ End has evolved since then and is now doing a collaboration with Reese Witherspoon’s Draper James. The styles are adorable and size inclusive. Check them out!
I hope this post helps you channel your beachy vibes! Enjoy the sunshine!