Happy Friday, friends! It will come as no surprise that I’m heading into another weekend filled with football. My son Leo plays his last game of the regular season tonight against a power-house team. My prayer is that the boys have some fun, come through healthy, and feel proud of how they played. That’s not too much to ask, right? As sad as I will be when his season is over, it will be nice to have weekends begin with a little less stress. Watching the pounding these boys take each week Friday night takes a toll on their mothers!
To kick off this Friday with a little fun, here are my favorites from this week.
- Dermaplaning at Dr. Terrasse’s office: Last week, I was feeling like I needed a little pick-me-up so I made an appointment with Angela at Dr. Terrasse’s Erase Medispa in Lake Forest. She did dermaplaning on me–that procedure where they use and then a moisturizing facial where she worked in a scalp massage, too. It was wonderful–the perfect mix of a medical grade facial that also has you feeling like you’ve been to the spa.
- Tala Coffee Roasters’ Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL): I’ve never been a huge PSL person because I typically think they’re too sweet. However, Highwood’s Tala Coffee Roasters won me over with their version last week. It’s all the right notes of pumpkin and spice and it actually tastes like coffee instead of a dessert. I’ve had it made with skim and oat milks and both were equally yummy!
- Princess Diana Documentary on CNN: This is a must-watch for anyone who has ever loved Princess Diana. CNN has produced a six-part series called “Diana” that airs on Sunday nights at 8 p.m. CST that shares the story of Princess Diana through a modern lens. Rather than portraying the Princess as a victim, they focus on her strengths and the paths she blazed for those who followed her. Why her story hasn’t been told this way before is beyond me–but this documentary is so good…it was worth the wait!
- Anderson Cooper’s newest book: Last summer when I visited Newport, Rhode Island for the first time, I became fascinated by the stories surrounding the Vanderbilt’s mansions that are open to visitors there. Lucky for me, Anderson Cooper–whose mother was a Vanderbilt–recently co-wrote Vanderbilt: The Rise and Fall of an American Dynasty. I’m listening to the audio version of this book, read by Cooper himself, and it’s fascinating. Told with an insider’s perspective and a family member’s empathy, it’s a wonderful deep dive into one of America’s most glamorous and historical families.
- J.Crew puff-sleeve sweater: I’ve never met a puff-sleeve I didn’t like and J.Crew just keeps making them and making them perfect! This week I broke out this puff-sleeve crewneck and immediately had to order it in another color. This sweater can be dressy or casual but leaves you looking super polished either way. This will be a fall-winter staple of mine for sure. This sweater is currently 30% off–with an additional 20% off if you purchase with a J.Crew card. Because this sweater is slightly cropped, I ordered a medium. So cute!
And before I sign off, I have it on good authority that I have a faithful new reader named Peter. I just wanted to say a special “hi” to him and go Irish!
Have a super weekend!