Well look at us…we made it to Friday! These weeks have been flying for us lately and I know I’m not alone in feeling that way. Even my high school daughter Annie said she can’t believe how close she and her friends are to having semester finals. It’s nuts. Weren’t we just complaining about how hot it was outside?
Anyway…to kick off another great fall weekend, here are my five favorites from the week!
- Social Settings: Yesterday I did a post about my new favorite party hack–Social Settings. This company, started by two darling North Shore women–Dawn Burns and Heather Mahon–is like “rent the runway” for your table top. You can choose to have the chicest, most timely tablescape without having to buy a single piece (to say nothing of not having to store all those items!) The process is simple. You go online to the Social Settings website, pick out what you like, and it will be delivered right to your front door. You get to keep your rental for four days and when you’re finished, you don’t even have to clean it–Social Settings takes care of that for you. Talk about making your entertaining very pretty and stress free!
- Holiday Earrings: How cute are these earrings? I love this Charleston-based jeweler called The Tiny Tassel. She always has cute pieces and her seasonal items are little showstoppers. This Sunday, she’s launching her Christmas line and I think these would make a darling teacher or hostess gifts.
- Hospital Boutique: Speaking of holidays, next Friday, November 19, the Women’s Board of Northwestern Board Lake Forest Hospital is hosting a one-day Shop & Stroll in downtown Lake Forest from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Bring a friend and start your day at the Hot Cocoa Bar in Market Square, where you’ll receive a passport for all participating stores. Visit six or more stores and be entered into their drawing for exciting prizes! Look for the wreaths with the purple bows around Lake Forest for participating retailers, including Deseda, Valentina, Kiddles Sports, M on the Square, Mark David Designs, The Lake Forest Shop and many more local favorites. A percentage of the proceeds will help fund the new Simulation and Education Center at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.
- Darling Coffee Mug: As the mornings have gotten colder, my coffee intake has gone way up! This insulated mug from Corksickle makes my coffee that much better. (This would also make a very cute gift idea!)
- Scouts Quarterfinals Football Game: Would I even be a football mom if I didn’t promote the Quarterfinals football game tomorrow between the Lake Forest Scouts and the Prairie Ridge Wolves? Kickoff is home at West Campus’ Varsity Field at 1 p.m. It’s going to be cold, but the Scouts are a team we can all cheer for. If you’d like to go, you must buy your tickets online by clicking here. I’d love to see the stands packed with friendly faces!
Happy Friday! Have a super weekend. And go Scouts!