Happy Friday! I hope you’ve all had the best week. Mine has been pretty great. I was lucky enough to help with a writing workshop that Beacon Place has been hosting for its students. [Beacon Place is a nonprofit organization that has changed the lives of 4,000 children and families in Waukegan. Their innovative programs take a whole child and family approach to education, enrichment and healthy lifestyles support.] I’ve been blown away by the attention to detail the Beacon Place team put into their lesson plans and the enthusiasm with which they’ve been met by the students. I had a front row seat to the difference that Beacon Place is making and it was awesome! I’m heading back next week and I can’t wait.
To keep this great momentum going strong into the weekend, here are five things I’ve been loving this week:
- Cute sandals: I blame my very fashionable sister-in-law Betsy for making me buy these sweet sandals. They’re a bit of an investment, but they’re so cute, comfy, and very versatile. Betsy wore these sandals with denim shorts and I’ve worn them with my favorite summer dresses and jeans. I think I’ll love these for many summers and vacations to come!
- Camp Hope’s Rock & Roll Virtual 5k Run/Walk: Camp Hope is currently hosting a Rock & Roll Virtual 5k Run/Walk in anticipation of its Virtual Summer Camp kicking off July 25. This is the last weekend you can run/walk your 5k. To register and make a donation to this incredible organization, click here. In past years, Camp Hope has offered two, one-week sessions of traditional in-person summer camp for teenagers and young adults challenged by developmental activities. Last year, the Camp Hope team pivoted and made camp available online. Virtual camp was a huge hit! Camp Hope will be online again this year, with the hopes of returning to in-person in 2022.
- New clean lipsticks: My new favorite clean makeup brand, BITE Beauty, launched a new line of hydrating matte lipsticks last week. They have a wide array of colors, but two that I love are “Fig” (a very pretty pink) and “Cayenne” (a coraly-red). These colors will transition beautifully from summer to fall.
- My favorite Tuckernuck dress in more color ways: Just when I thought this dress couldn’t get any cuter, Tuckernuck has introduced my favorite silhouette in a variety of new colors and patterns. This floral number makes me think of Palm Beach. Just a reminder, this dress runs big. If you decide to order, size down. (I wear a small for reference.)
- GLASA Marathon Team: Well…after swearing I would never run a marathon again, I just couldn’t say “no” when the Great Lake Adaptive Sports Association (GLASA) was looking for charity runners for its 2021 Chicago Marathon Team. Maybe it’s my excitement for the Olympics or maybe it’s the chance to help GLASA support those with a physical or visual disability participate in sports–but they got me, and I’m so looking forward to it! If you’d like to support my run for GLASA, please click here. I’ll be forever grateful.
Have a great weekend!