Happy Friday, everyone! And if you’re a local, happy homecoming! If you saw my Instagram stories this morning, you could see that our high school Poms team toilet-papered our house last night. It was the best TP job ever…these girls were artists! But it made me think back to that time not so long ago when toilet paper was scarce. We have come a long way in a year.
I don’t want this week to slip away without sharing my Friday Five, so let’s do this!
- The perfect everyday fall lipstick: Although I firmly believe that a red lip always works, even I sometimes like to be a little more subtle. I discovered a new line of lipsticks from Ilia Beauty and they have a color called “Rosette” that is the perfect nude-y pink. It’s moisturizing and has great staying power and is a great shade to help you transition from summer to fall.
- A new lightweight foundation: Speaking of Ilia Beauty, a clean cosmetic company that is relatively new to me, launched a new foundation called the Super Serum Skin Tint. You know I love my Revision Skincare Intellishade, but this Ilia Skin Tint may be tied for my affections and its clean! Made with hyaluronic acid for moisture and SPF 40 for protection, this skin tint goes on and leaves your skin feeling soft and dewy. I think it gives great coverage without feeling like I have makeup on. Ilia Beauty has an online color match tool that works great. I ordered the Balos ST3 shade and it’s perfect.
- Pumpkin smoothie recipe: Even though I’m holding on to summer with one hand, I’m definitely dipping my other hand into fall. I saw this healthy pumpkin smoothie recipe on Instagram and I can’t wait to try it.
- LuLaRich: I watched this unbelievable 4-part documentary this week on Amazon Prime about the LuLaRoe pyramid scheme called LuLaRich. LuLaRoe was a multi-level marketing company that grew at an unprecedented rate and ultimately bankrupting most of its retailers. It’s amazing how these crazy things happen under the radar until they’re not any more.
- Marathon home stretch: Well…after swearing I would never run a marathon again, I’m within a month of running the 2021 Chicago Marathon Team with the Great Lake Adaptive Sports Association (GLASA) charity team. GLASA supports those with a physical or visual disability participate in sports. This weekend, I have my longest training run–20 miles! It won’t be fun–or quick–but I know I can do this. If you’d like to support my run for GLASA, please click here. I’ll be forever grateful.
Have a great weekend! Go Scouts! And go Irish!