It’s getting to be that time of the year when we’ll be spending more hours in our kitchens with likely more mouths to feed. That’s why this seems like a great week to do a giveaway!
My dear friend @sincerelysarameadows and I have teamed up on an amazing foodie giveaway, partnering with two incredible small businesses @zenofslowcooking and @leisurelaneco. You can enter on Instagram to win a variety of Zen of Slow Cooking spice packets that will transform your home cooking using easy, delicious recipes; a beautiful striped linen apron from Leisure Lane; and an Instant Pot to help you create meals in a fraction of the time. Head on over to my Instagram page for details to enter.
Today, I’m sharing a recipe I made for my family using some Zen spices. Think tender chicken thighs coated in a sweet, savory, and tangy orange sauce that’s dusted with cashews–delish!
What You Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-8 chicken thighs; bone-in skin on
- 1 1/2 cups (1 medium) onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon (2 cloves) garlic, minced
- 2 oranges, zested & juiced
- 1 Coq au Vin Zen of Slow Cooking blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of the orange juice blended with 1/4 cup corn starch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 4 cups long grain brown rice, cooked (or 2 cups uncooked if using oven cook method)
- Steamed green beans
What You Do
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium; brown the chicken for 3 minutes; transfer the chicken to the cooker.
- In the same skillet, gently sauté onion for 2 minutes; stir in garlic and turn off heat.
- Transfer onion mixture to cooker and stir in orange zest, Coq au Vin blend, salt, blended orange and cornstarch, soy sauce, vegetable broth, and cashew nuts.
- Stir, cover, and cook on LOW: 7-8 hours or HIGH: 3 hours.
- Serve over brown rice with steamed green beans.
Enjoy! And don’t forget to enter the giveaway. You have until Thursday, November 19 at 8 p.m. CT to enter to win.