Happy Memorial Day! Rather than posting a dinner recipe today, I thought I’d share a summer dessert recipe that we love on the warm-weather holidays. This Blueberry Crisp is a crowd pleaser and is easy to whip up just in time for your BBQ. We also use whatever berries or fruit we have in the fridge (raspberries, blackberries, peaches or even a combo!) and it’s always good.
What You Need
- 3 cups of blueberries
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter softened
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently blueberries and lemon juice together in an 8-inch square baking dish. Stir 2 tablespoons flour and white sugar into the fruit mixture.
- Stir oats, brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, almonds, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a small bowl. Mash butter into the oats mixture with a pastry cutter or a fork until the mixture is crumbly; sprinkle over the fruit to cover.
- Bake in preheated oven until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Serve warm with a huge dollop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!