It’s good to know that people haven’t lost their sense of humor, especially my pal Courtney Holsworth who came up with this recipe for “Quarantine Pasta” last week. It’s a winner across the board with just a few ingredients, and it’s just the dinner you need to make on this snowy, spring day.
What You Need
- 1 lb. pasta, whatever kind you’d like
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (you can substitute chicken)
- Olive oil
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for topping
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups freshly chopped spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
What To Do
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- In a large deep sided pan brown up your sausage with a little olive oil. Set aside.
- In the same pan combine the cream, stock, Parmesan, and seasonings. Let bubble away until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add in spinach, peas, and cooked sausage. Stir together and let spinach wilt.
- Mix sauce with cooked pasta. Top with more parmesan and fresh basil, if you have it.
Enjoy! Happy Monday! Stay at home, stay safe, and stay healthy.