There is nothing I love more than a charcuterie board, so if there is ever an occasion I can ask my daughter Grace to make one–I do!
Last week on Christmas Day, she made a delicious one that held my people over from brunch to dinner. I took copious notes because I wanted to make it easy to recreate this for a New Year’s treat. I’m always intimidated by the cheese department, but I think we scored some delicious crowd pleasers from Trader Joe’s. If you’re not a Trader Joe’s shopper, many of these brands or flavor profiles are available at any grocery store.
Our charcuterie platter on Christmas Day looked like a Christmas tree. Below, I’ve listed the meats, cheeses, and treats Grace picked in the order they appear here.
- Tippy Top: Somehow Grace turned a Honeycrisp apple into this star.
- A row of mini carrots.
- Blueberry Chevre: This mild goat cheese is covered in blueberries and is just delicious if you’re looking for a spreadable cheese.
- Club Crackers: These go with everything.
- Dubliner Cheese: One of my all-time favorites, this cheese aims to combine the sharpness of a mature cheddar and the buttery sweetness of parmesan.
- Chorizo and Salami: Just the right amount of meat to give the cheese a little bite.
- Cucumbers: These cocktail cucumbers are the perfect amount of green vegetable for this tray.
- Gouda and Asiago with Rosemary: Mild and yummy.
- Truffle Infused Cashews from B’s Gourmet Nuts: These were a separate purchase from Winnetka’s B’s Gourmet Nuts. These cashews are are wonderful on their own, as a gift, or mixed in on your charcuterie board.
- Raisin Rosemary Crisps: These are my favorite crackers that Trader Joe’s sells. They take every cheese board up a notch.
- Unexpected Cheddar: This is another mild flavored cheddar that has a crumbly texture but is very good with a piece of salami or on its own.
- Melba Toast: We needed a trunk and this did the job. These pieces of toast are a fun addition to your cheese board.
- Flavored Popcorn and Sweet Pretzels: Trader Joe’s always has great seasonal sweet and savory combos that are fun to frame a charcuterie tray with.
I hope this adds a little festiveness to your upcoming New Year celebration!