UPDATED LIST AS OF MARCH 31, 2020
Local restaurants have ramped up their delivery and curbside pickup services. Let’s do our part and keep them busy! Additionally, there’s a fabulous Facebook page called LF/LB Takeout that has many more Highwood restaurants listed than what I have here. It’s a great resource!
And just a note: Please be sure tip your delivery people well! They’re the glue holding this whole operation together!
In Lake Forest
- Authentico: Menu items available for curbside pickup from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Bake Homemade Pizza: This pizzeria is keeping their regular hours and is offering “Family Wednesday” for $32.95. (Not sure what this is but it sounds good!)
- Chief’s Pub: Chief’s Pub is offering delivery/curbside pick-up 11 a.m to 9 p.m. everyday until they can open their doors to the public again. They still have Grubhub and UberEats delivery, too, as well gift cards for when the craziness is over.
- The Deer Path Inn: This Lake Forest icon has always had a robust carry-out service and will continue to do so.
- Egg Harbor Cafe: Delivery available through Door Dash during their regular hours.
- Flashbox Kitchen: regular hours, order homemade meals online, delivered to your door.
- Foodstuffs: Open regular hours, call ahead for curbside pickup, online orders may be placed through Chownow.
- Francesca’s Intimo: Open shortened hours, call ahead curbside pickup.
- Fresh Salad Club: Laura Kelsey was a full-time chef in Lake Geneva when she decided to make a career change and create a business that was all her own. At the nudging of her friends who loved her cooking, she decided to start a weekly salad subscription service called Fresh Salad Club. Twice each week, you can choose to have a salad from Laura’s menu delivered right to your home. Each entree salad is designed to serve one or two and made using the freshest ingredients. It’s then delivered to your North Shore doorstep in a refrigerated bag. To learn more or to begin your subscription, visit Fresh Salad Club.
- The Gallery: The Gallery will be operating out of The Peanut Gallery with a limited menu, from 4 to 8 p.m with delivery and curbside pickup. Call 224.544.5387 to place order.
- Gerhard’s Elegant European Desserts: Closed for a few days this week for spring break, but reopening on Friday for curbside pickup.
- Kuro Bistro: Open regular hours, call ahead for curbside pickup, online ordering for delivery through Grubhub or Uber Eats.
- Lake Forest Food & Wine: Call 847.234.0620 to order or email email@example.com.
- Sweet’s Lake Forest: Sweet’s is still open for takeaway, as they’ve removed their stools so there’s no temptation to stay and visit.
- The Peanut Gallery Open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Wednesday- Saturday, and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. as well as delivery and curbside pick up at The Peanut Gallery location. Online ordering now available through their website. Even sundaes available to go!
- Visconti Cheese Market & Deli: Open for curbside pickup and delivery.
In Lake Bluff
- Be Market: Open for pickup, takeout, grab ‘n go, and wine and beer. Call 224.436.8330.
- Bluffington’s Cafe: Lake Bluff’s Bluffington’s Cafe is staying open and will offer curbside pickup, as well as delivery through GrubHub. Call 847.295.3344 to place an order.
- Donati’s Pizza: Pizza delivery is obviously their mainstay, but this cool crew has also offered to pick up groceries from Heinen’s to their Lake Forest and Lake Bluff clients.
- Forest Greens Juice Bar: Foods rich in nutrients are more important than ever and Forest Greens Juice Bar is going to make sure we have what we need. Forest Green Juice Bar offers curbside pickup and delivery (through collaboration with Donati’s Pizza in Lake Bluff).
- Hansa Coffee Roasters: Open regular hours, no dine-in.
- LF Juice: Open regular hours and available for carryout; call ahead to order, 847.235.2090.
- Inovasi: Open their regular hours, offering online ordering, delivery, and curbside pickup.
- Lake Bluff Brewing Company: Call ahead, curbside growlers to-go.
- Luke’s of Lake Bluff: Open regular hours, delivery within 6 miles, call ahead for curbside pickup.
- The Other Door: Open regular hours, delivery within 6 miles, online ordering, curbside pickup.
- Prairie Espresso: Open daily for coffee to-go from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Taco El Norte: Open regular hours, call ahead for curbside pickup, online ordering, delivery available. Margaritas-to-go available too!
- The Silo: Open regular hours, call ahead for curbside pickup; online ordering for delivery through Grubhub or Doordash.
- Bent Fork Bakery: Open regular hours for carryout and curbside pickup and they’re now offering pints of Chicago Mike’s Ice Cream pints to-go.
- Froggy’s French Cafe: Running daily dinner and wine specials and delivery over certain dollar amounts. Curbside pickup also available.
- Jay Lovell’s: Jay Lovell’s is offering their homemade deliciousness. They collaborate with Door Dash and Grubhub, but Jay’s wife Darice has also offered to run your food out to your car if you do carryout.
- Maria’s Bakery: Call ahead for curbside pickup, 847.266.0811.
- Sandy’s Restaurant: Call ahead for curbside pickup, 847. 433-1555.
- Tala Coffee Roasters: Business hours as usual for Tala, but you just have to grab and go.
- The Fresh Plan: The Fresh Plan provides restaurant quality, nutritious meals. Just order, receive, heat, and enjoy. Available online for delivery.