I have been on a lipstick kick lately. I usually have one or two colors in my regular rotation, but I’ve really been loving experimenting with several new shades from Bite Beauty and Ilia Beauty. Both are clean cosmetic brands and their lipsticks are super moisturizing. Here are some of my favorites:
If You Like Reds
- Bite Beauty Cayenne: This lipstick has a matte finish, but is still very hydrating. Cayenne is more of a brick red and can be worn for day or night. I think it would be perfect with a simple white blouse.
- Bite Beauty Hot Tomato: Another matte finish lipstick, Hot Tomato has more fuschia undertones in this red mix. This would be so pretty with a navy top.
- Ilia Beauty Grenadine: Another creamy red, but this one reads a little more pink. It’s somehow bold and soft at the same time–so pretty.
- Ilia Beauty Flame: This is a creamy, coral red that I just love and is a great bridge from summer color to fall. If there was a lipstick named “Ann Marie,” this might be the one.
If Nude-y Pinks Are More Your Thing
- Ilia Beauty Rosette: This color has become my go-to of late. It’s a saturated nude pink, super moisturizing, that gives me a natural look without letting me look washed out. Perfect color for every day.
- Ilia Beauty Wild Rose: This Wild Rose color is just a deeper version of Rosette. Equally pretty but a little more plum in it.
- Ilia Beauty Marsala: This the darkest of the nude rose colors I’ve been sporting lately. It has a much deeper base of plums and browns. Super sophisticated and great for a night-time look–although you will probably catch me wearing this during the day, too, if I’m feeling “moody.”
I hope this lipstick story gives you a little boost on this rainy Thursday. I could never get tired of doing research on this very important topic. (ha!)