Happy Monday! This week, my daughter Grace is helping us get back on track after a yummy-filled 4th of July weekend with this healthy take on the Asian chicken wraps we all love. Inspired by one of her favorite bloggers Erin Lives Whole, this dinner comes together super fast! This recipe serves 4 so we double it for our crew.
What You Need
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste/fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, more for topping
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1 large head of butter lettuce
*peanuts, shredded carrots, sriracha, green onion for topping*
What to Do
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and saute until mostly cooked.
- Add in garlic and ginger for one minute, then add in ground chicken.
- Allow chicken to cook almost all the way through, and while chicken is cooking prepare sauce.
- In a bowl, whisk together sesame oil, sriracha, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce.
- Add in the sauce to the chicken and reduce heat to let simmer.
- Stir in diced green onion and water chestnuts and allow sauce to thicken.
- Once thickened, remove from heat.
- Wash and dry butter lettuce leaves.
- Add about 1/3 cup chicken mixture to each butter leaf and add toppings.
- Store remainder in fridge for up to five days.
So good! To carb it up for my hungry ones, we add a side of the Rice-a-Roni Fried Rice and a green veggie. Easy!