Happy Monday! This morning I’m driving my oldest two back to college after an amazing holiday break, which means I’ll need my slow cooker to have dinner on the table tonight.
This recipe for slow-cooked pork chops comes from my sweet Nana. I loved her dearly and I love this recipe! But there is one hitch. This recipe calls for stuffing and not all of my family is crazy about that fact. Yet, in spite of this, I still make this once in a while because I think it’s that good and I have high hopes that my outliers will come around. Worst case scenario, I serve my picky eaters plates sans the stuffing with a healthy helping of pork chop and a green vegetable.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup mushrooms (optional)
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box of Stove Top pork-flavored stuffing
- 1 can mushroom soup
- Sauté onions and mushrooms (if using) in oil until softened. Add pork chops and brown, about 3-5 minutes on each side. Then transfer pork chops to slow cooker.
- Add mushroom soup to skillet and mix with drippings. Then cover pork chops with soup.
- Make stuffing according to package and layer over pork chops and soup.
- Cover mixture and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve pork chop and stuffing with a green vegetable and salad (or cranberry sauce) and you have yourself a dinner.